Planning a wedding is tireless work. Honoring World Sleep Day Friday March 15 2019 is a great way to catch up on the well needed rest you deserve. And to be aware throughout your planning process of the importance of good rest.
World Sleep Day Friday March 15 2019
Today is a World Sleep Day® call to action reminding us of the importance of sleep as it relates to all aspects of our lives.
But especially Wedding Planning!
You see, we are on a path that could be adding burdens to our well being. Planning a wedding is so extracurricular. On top of everything else we have to do in our Lives. So we burn the candle at both ends.
You get excited and spend energy way past your bedtime looking at wedding inspiration.
Then you wake in the middle of the night with some great wedding idea, or worrying about another item on your to do list.
The three elements of quality sleep are:
- Length: You want to wake rested and alert for the following day.
- Completeness: You should be seamlessly sleeping without a lot of waking up.
- How Deep: You want your sleep to restore you.
10 COMMANDMENTS OF SLEEP HYGIENE FOR ADULTS
- Fix a bedtime and an awakening time.
- If you are in the habit of taking siestas, do not exceed 45 minutes of daytime sleep.
- Avoid excessive alcohol ingestion 4 hours before bedtime and do not smoke.
- Avoid caffeine 6 hours before bedtime. This includes coffee, tea and many sodas, as well as chocolate.
- Avoid heavy, spicy, or sugary foods 4 hours before bedtime. A light snack before bed is acceptable.
- Exercise regularly, but not right before bed.
- Use comfortable bedding.
- Find a comfortable temperature setting for sleeping and keep the room well ventilated.
- Block out all distracting noise and eliminate as much light as possible.
- Reserve the bed for sleep and sex. Don’t use the bed as an office, workroom or recreation room.
Remember to hashtag #WorldSleepDay to your friends and family and then to the world.