As the Stay-At-Home order extends due to the coronavirus is Wedding Season Cancelled? Here’s how to handle the changes and find ways to cope during this global pandemic.
Wedding Season Cancelled?
To start I just want to say, on behalf of everyone in the Chicago wedding community, we wish you the strength and support to get through this time. Amidst all this uncertainty we’ve been finding ways to cope and support our local economy.
I have family in working in the health care systems and join in everyone’s prayers to keep them safe.
What can you do?
- UPDATE: In the middle of March when this was written we looked at the uncertain future around Wedding cancellations. Here’s the latest up to date point of view from Bloomberg.com posted the beginning of April.
- As members of the American Disc Jockey Association we are insured through RV Nuccio and associates. Here is some information about Wedding Insurance.
- Now, more than ever, we need to support each other as a community. Families are supporting each other during these wedding planning fluctuations. Families in general are staying in touch through FaceTime and Zoom. (here’s some cautions about streaming security).
What else can you do?
All of the DJ’s in our circle have essentially shut down production. But they are still available to handle your questions and look to the future of your wedding planning.
We may be sheltering in place, but that doesn’t mean we are totally isolated. Although some people have stopped thinking about near future activities due to the pandemic stay at home orders and the uncertainty of the end date, we still carry the hope for future celebrations.
So what can you do?
- If you’ve lost work like the rest of us, you may have already considered filing for unemployment. The Illinois government website has had an overhaul, but the unprecedented volume of requests continues to slow down the system. They’ve implement alphabetic letter days based on your last name to visit the site and apply.
- If you have any payments due for what we hope will still be your wedding date in June, July and beyond, we are deferring payments now until further notice.
- Staying active is key to maintain health. Do your activity of choice.