Here are 5 Tips on How To Be a Good Wedding Guest. If you’ve ever been a guest at a wedding, you know what it takes to be there and celebrate. Some folks just need to be reminded.
5 Tips on How To Be a Good Wedding Guest
You might be one of three types of people at a wedding.
- Ready to party
- There for the meal
- Not sure what to do
All of these are important to have.
First, ff you’re ready to party, you are there with the intention of celebrating the new couples union. Friends and family alike will show up for the bride & groom.
Next, if you’re just there for the meal, that’s kind of ok too. But you also might be there for the reunion and connection you want with the other guests. That can make for as much a success at a wedding as a full dance floor will.
If you’re not sure what to do at all. Then here are 5 Tips on How To Be a Good Wedding Guest!
Here are a few tips:
- Dance. Two left feet? Doesn’t matter. Enjoy the dance!
- Put down the phone. The less heads down on screens, the more eyes up on what matters.
- Connect. Not a social butterfly? You have a lot on common with EVERYONE there. SHARE!
- What’s next? Stay curious about what’s happening and what’s to come. Anticipation.
- Stay. This goes without saying. Or does it? Traveled too far? Have a babysitter waiting at home? Don’t be the one to suck the energy out of the moment, by interrupting the B&G on the dance floor to say goodbye. Find a reason to stay. Take the opportunity to create a moment and join in what’s happening around you.
Finally, it takes a big heart to understand how honored you should feel to be invited to this life changing moment. Reconnect with these warm feelings and you’ll give yourself a memory to last a lifetime.
Phones down is still a good thing. But a little social media can go a long way. Here’s a great idea.